Friday, July 26, 2019

And here comes another Last day email


Its like a farewell season going on these days. In about 2 weeks’ time I will be attending a third farewell party. Sometimes similar things happen back to back that it makes you believe that well is this some plan of the Almighty that he has planned all the farewells one after the other. There are close friends and colleagues who are planning to change their jobs, one of them planning to move abroad for long term. Then there is our veteran talented bond of Config Management who has taken a decision to retire from professional career, even though he spending half the day was able to run the business on its own.

So, I have seen so many last day emails recently and literally all of them having same or similar content. I had been through the same cycle of reading last day emails earlier as well. That was the time in 2007-2008 when Financial Banks were making a huge loss and every other day, they were being bought by one or the other bigger banks. I was working for Countrywide financials and we were sailing in the same boat. People were looking for jobs outside and every other day one person or the other was sending this last day emails. I was getting bored of reading the same stuff almost on a daily basis. I know people are emotional and most, if not all of them mean what they write in their emails. They all want to put their best picture in front of others, by talking all good things and thanking one and all. I did make a promise to myself that, when my time will come to write the last day email for countrywide, I won’t bore anyone with routine stuff. I will try to make that email memorable or at least make people laugh or smile while reading it.

Things happened fast and I did not get enough time to prepare when I actually had to write the last day email. But I just wrote it in a single sitting and sent it to all my buddies in Countrywide financials. I made it a point off course to exclude senior management, so as to not offend them with such a straight forward, sarcastic and funny email. I still read that email at times and have a big laugh at it myself. So, without wasting too much time let me copy paste the email here, so I don’t have to search it time and again into my Gmail account when I have to read it. The email is in my most favorite language, Hindi so those who don't know or understand this language, please pardon me. This one is more for me than for anyone else. I would love to come back to it and read it when I grow old.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: इस email id से आखिरी ईमेल

मेरे प्यारे भाइयो और उनकी बहनो ,
वैसे मौका गया है की मैं भी एक आखिरी दिन वाला email  लिख डालू .....
इतने दिनों तक तैयारी की, लेकिन जब लिखने का समय आया तो समझ में नहीं रहा की क्या लिखू | वैसे ख़ुशी तो बहुत हो रही है की तुम सब पकाऊ लोगो को और नहीं झेलना पड़ेगा, लेकिन ऐसे मौको पे सच सच बोलना शोभा नहीं देता ; इमोशनल होने का दिखावा करना पड़ता है, और झूठ झूठ ऐसा बोलना पड़ता है की तुम लोग बहुत अच्छे थे और तुम लोगो की बहुत याद आएगी, तो ऐसा ही कुछ समझ लो| और लोग तो थैंक्स वगैरह भी बोलते है ... तो भाई क्या करे, परंपरा है तो में भी बोल देता हूँ की तुम लोगो ने मुझे जो पिछले दो साल पांच महीने और आठ दिन तक पकाया उसके लिए तुम्हे बहुत बहुत ... कीड़े पड़े .. @!#$@#%!@#!%@
अरे माफ़ करना मुझे यहाँ धन्यवाद बोलना था, तो भाई वैसा ही कुछ समझ लो|

बहुत बत्ती लगायी हमने CFCI और उसके projects की, और उनकी बहुत धन संपत्ति ख़राब की, लेकिन enough is enough! और लोगो को भी तो मौका मिलना चाहिए | और अब और लोगो ने हमें उनके projects और धन संपत्ति ख़राब करने के लिए चुन लिया है | क्या कहे उनके फूटे नसीब|

अंत में अपना personal email id और phone no. दे रहा हूँ | मुझे मालूम है की बहुत काम लोग उसका उपयोग करेंगे, लेकिन .. अब वोह कहते है की परंपरा है तो करना पड़ता है |

तो भाई यह है मेरा email id: r***.***@gmail.com
और यह रहा फ़ोन नंबर - 89800*********

जानता हूँ की बहुत मुश्किल है फिर भी कहूंगा की  keep in touch.
Seriously मत ले लेना. अरे भाई परंपरा है तो ऐसा कहना पड़ता है.

अलविदा दोस्तों
Rushikesh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All my colleagues and friends had a really good laugh reading this email. And the smiles and laugh at their faces when I met them in the Countrywide office for last time made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment