Thursday, September 29, 2022

Whatever Happens, Happens for the good

There is this saying in Hindi which was made famous by the one and only Amitabh Bachchan. He says these are the lines said by his father Late Shri Harivanshrai Bachchan.

 Mann ka ho to achcha, aur man ka na ho to aur bhi achcha.

 It means that if something happens according to your wish then its good, but if something happens against your wish then it’s even better. The reason is that, if something does not happen as per our wish then it’s God's wish. And God will never do anything wrong for their children. This is a wisdom of life, and one should always be positive about things happening to him/her and this kind of ancient wisdom always helps us to stay positive under all circumstances. And these sayings are not just sayings they became wisdom only after many people experienced such things in their own life. I remember one incident in my life which reminded me of this same saying. I am sure everyone must have had at least one such experience in their life which can relate to this title.

 This is an incident of the time when I had completed my graduation and I had the long summer vacation before I could make any decision for the next phase of my life. I never felt that I was worth getting any admission to professional colleges, so I just wanted to spend my time playing cricket. Cricket matches was the only thing that was important for me back then. I had an important match coming up in the weekend and I was very excited about it. When I returned home after playing in the evening that day, my father told me that we must go Ahmedabad to visit my cousin brother's place for a few days. I casually told him; I am not going you all can go as I have a very important match in the weekend. My father told me that we are going in our car for the first time and so we might need you also just in case there is anything going wrong during the journey. It would be better if they have me with them as my elder brother would be driving. In those days once my father demanded something then it was final, we just could not go against it. I was furious. No one cared for my important match, and I threw all possible tantrums for not going with them. But finally, I had to oblige as I had to obey Dad's wish even if that meant that I had to miss the important cricket match.

 With heavy heart I went with my family to Ahmedabad. The next day morning I read an advertisement in the Newspaper. Gujarat University MCA admission forms are available at the university office. As I mentioned earlier, I never thought that I am worth getting an admission to MCA, so I just ignored. But suddenly my dad said that why don't you go and get the admission form. You can think later whether you want to appear for the admission entrance exam or not later. Well, when my father asked me, I had to oblige. So, I went to the Gujarat University and brought the form for me. I casually filled and submitted it as I thought what the harm is in trying. Then after 3 months I appeared for the exam just as casually as I submitted the form. There were no thorough preparations or any detailed studies. I was always knowing that I am not going to clear the entrance exam. But one thing led to other, and I submitted the form, appeared for the exam and then to my utter surprise, I GOT SELECTED! I could not believe that I could get an admission to the MCA course of the prestigious Gujarat University. I was so casual about it, and here I was with a chance to live a completely different life. Getting admission in a course like MCA was a dream of many, and I just got it through pure luck.

 My mom teased me look you were not even ready to go to Ahmedabad because of your Cricket match but see now what has happened. I was awestruck and had a realization that OMG! this was God's wish and that's why somehow my dad forced me to go along with him. I would have had a completely different life, had I been adamant and stayed back for the match. Life has a way to surprise you always. And this was my destiny. After that incident, whenever in my life I face a situation where I feel that something is not happening as per my wish, I try to think positive and believe that it is God's wish and when God wishes something for us, it is always good in the long run.

It is indeed true that, whatever happens, Happens for the good!

1 comment: