Saturday, August 4, 2018

Thanks Giving


This email was written by me in the year 2012 to my very close friends to thank them for being there for me then and always.

Being an Indian and grown up following the Indian culture, I have not been pretty much accustomed to the American culture. As I grew up, slowly I learned something or the other every new day, month and year about it. In the busy schedules throughout the year, they have seen to it that there are special days for Mother(Mother's Day), Father (Father's Day), Women (Women's Day), for people in love Valentine's Day, Friends (Friendship Day) et al. Not that I am big fan of American Culture, but, if there are good things in any culture, we can always adopt it.

But, the most special day or days came to my knowledge much much later in my life. I was working in Countrywide Financials Mumbai when the HR over there asked us to celebrate the Thanksgiving day (week) in a very unique way. They asked us to get small cards from the company store and give it to anyone within the company for thanking them, if we liked to thank them for something or the other during that year. I just loved it. There are so many things and so many times in our life when we feel like thanking our friends, relatives and people around us for being there, for helping us out, and for all that made us happy and our day a better day. And to get a chance to thank all those who made a difference is an opportunity that we miss most often. So, this thanksgiving celebration every year has given me a wonderful opportunity to look back and feel grateful about all those who made a difference in my life. I try to thank the Almighty in whatever way possible for giving me such a wonderful life and on top of it wonderful people around me. To me the best way to thank the Almighty is to help any creation of the almighty be it human being, animals or the nature. I try to do that in every which way possible to me, though I know that I could still do more.

This year has been a little tough on me on a personal front. You all know that I have gone through an irreversible loss recently. I lost my father. It could have been a total break down for me had you not been there with me. You can't imagine how big a contribution that you have made in my life during that period. I cant really explain in words what your being there and helping me out at such a crucial time meant for me. Thanks is such a small word. But, there is a word in Marathi called Janiv, in plain english it means one should not forget. So, I pray to GOD that come what may, I should never forget that at the time when I needed most, at the time when hell broke loose, you were there with me. Thank you so much for being there. There are very few wonderful people in this world who make life worth living. To me, you are one of those.

Thank you very much for being there and I hope you will always be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment