Monday, January 25, 2010

Indian Republic Day 2010

26th January 2010 has been different. I do not remember the last time I had seen the Republic Day parade on television. It has been an amazing experience. It makes me proud to be an Indian. There is so much diversity in my country. Seeing the various jhanki's (life size model based on some theme) be it of all the states or of the various government departments, it was a mesmerising experience. The performance of the BSF troop on motorcycle was outstanding. The balance these guys show on motorcycle is unbelievable. I was completely taken aback by the efforts that has been put behind all those things. Says a lot about how much progress our country has made. I remember most of the republic days after my school days, I just used as another holiday. It was just by chance that I wake up early today and switched on the TV first for the awesome experience of 'Phir Mile Sur mera tumhara'. The patriotic song which had become the national anthem of the late 80's and 90's. Its back with a bang. With a lot more celebrities and singers/musicians added. It was a wonderful experience witnessing it. I could not stop myself to make "mile sur" my mobile ringtone. Our country is full of variety in music. I could see that right now on TV. These are the scenes post the republic day parade. Wonderful experience. I would recommend all the Indians to watch this Republic day telecast at least once. Like me you will wait for it whole year to watch it again. I got very emotional witnessing it and felt so proud that I am a part of this country which has so much variety in color, music, dance, culture and you name it.

Happy Republic Day !!! Vandematram !!! God Bless India !!!

1 comment:

  1. ..truely dude!
    I've travelled across the corners of the world and nothing beats India!!!
    ..that homely feeling u'll always miss..wherever u go!
    Vandemataram! Jai Hind!
    India rocks :)

    ReplyDelete