Sunday, March 28, 2010

A humble request to the GOD of Cricket

To,
The GOD of Cricket,
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar,
India


Subject: A humble request.

Respected Mr. Sachin Tendulkar,

There is no doubt in my mind that you are the GOD of cricket. Cricket is a religion in India and for a religion there has to be a GOD to worship. You are being worshiped in every house where the religion of cricket is followed. I follow cricket and worship you for your brillance and the blessings you shower by scoring tons and tons of runs in every format of cricket.

So dear GOD here is a humble request from one of your millions of devotees. I want you to bless us cricket fans by playing the T20 world cup for India which is going to be held just after the IPL season in West Indies. I know that I am asking for a bit too much, but I need not convince you or anyone on this earth that your participation in the T20 world cup is going to make a world of difference to the Indian team. I know that you have decided to represent India only in one One dayers and Test Matches, but there are a few reasons why I among the millions of your devotees want you to forget your decision for once and play the world cup at least for this year.

1) You are in the peak of your form as a batsmen this year. Who can forget the 200 you scored in a One day match not very long ago against South Africa.
2) You are already playing the twenty twenty format of cricket in the IPL for your team Mumbai Indians and are giving all the opposition bowlers nightmare. I am sure that you will end up scoring the most runs in IPL as a batsmen and I am very sure that like all your records, that record will also be very difficult to beat.
3) The team our respected selectors have selected contains more unfit players than the players in form. So there is definitely a need of some miracle to happen if this team has to win the world cup again. You being the GOD can only bring that miracle to life.
4) I know that you want to be fit for the one dayers and tests and thats why you want to play less cricket. But, if you are fit enough to play the 14 matches in the IPL and may be a couple more if your team reaches the semi-finals and finals, then in the T20 world cup there are far less number of matches to be played. In fact the format of the first world cup was such that India won the cup by only playing 6 matches in all. So you are not going to wear out playing those 6 matches.
5) Who better than you would know that the biggest pride is representing the country in a tournament like a world cup. I promise you that if after the world cup you decide to take a break for @ least 3 series nobody will complain.
6) Even the great cricketer Sunil Gavaskar asked you to play for India in the Twenty Twenty world cup.
7) You would say that you are giving the chance to the youngsters in this tournament. But, I am sure that every true Indian would definitely agree with me that there is no one younger than you on the cricket field in terms of the form you are in and your ability as a cricketer. You are and always be the youngest cricketer my dear. So please dont think about the youngsters, think about the millions of your followers and think about our country India.
I am sure dear GOD that these are enough reasons for you to consider my humble request and think about it. I represent the followers of religion cricket and I pray to you that please bless all of us billion followers by accepting this request. GO FOR IT SACHIN. BRING HOME THE WORLD CUP. There is nothing more motivating for a cricketer than to win the world cup of cricket.

Looking forward to your kind consideration.
One of Your follower and Devotee (out of hundreds of millions)

Rushikesh Baiwar

No comments:

Post a Comment